Patrick D. Solan, M.D.
Rochester Colon and Rectal Surgeons, P.C. achieves even faster response to patients in need of expedited colorectal care.
Some clinical situations are urgent or semi-urgent such as acute pain, infection, active hemorrhage. Other scenarios are best addressed promptly and efficiently such as newly diagnosed cancer or the simply the anxiety of not knowing. To meet such needs, RCRS expands its leadership in our region with the addition of Patrick D. Solan, MD.
- Fellowship in Colon & Rectal Surgery at the University of Minnesota
- Highly selective top 2 US CRS fellowship
- Surgery residency at the University of Cincinnati.
- Max Zinninger Award awarded annually to the resident “who, in the opinion of the faculty, is tenacious and meticulous in patient care, knowledgeable, exemplifies professionalism, & is ceaseless in his/her promotion of the department.”
- Graduate medical trainee of excellence at the University of Cincinnati (2014)
- Research fellow Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center
- Inflammatory response in shock
- ACS resident research competition winner (2011)
- University of Buffalo School of Medicine
- AOA national honor society
- B.S. at Cornell University in biological sciences
- Magna cum laude.
Dr. Solan is board certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery and is board certified in General surgery. He joins Rochester’s only team of colorectal surgeons who are fully boarded in our field. Dr. Solan is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons.
His clinical interests include the treatment of benign and malignant colorectal conditions, inflammatory bowel disease and diverticular disease. He will specialize in minimally invasive management including robotic and laparoscopic resections. Dr. Solan is ready to assist patients in all aspects of anorectal disease.
His wife, Lauren Solan, M.D., is a pediatric hospitalist at Golisano Children’s Hospital and they have 2 daughters. The Solan family is excited to have returned home to Western New York.