Rochester Colon Rectal Surgeons PC (RCRS) wants you to know that it is our TOP PRIORITY to ensure the safety and the health of our patients, doctors, and staff.Our normal practice has always been to practice universal precautions but in this time of the COVID -19 pandemic we have made updates and changes.
What We Ask of You.
- If you are experiencing a persistent cough, shortness of breath or any signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask you to reschedule your exam or procedure.
- Face Covering/Mask is required for all patients and visitors to enter our practice.
- To ensure proper social distancing and protection of staff and patients we ask you to come alone to your appointment but if you need assistance limit it to one person.
- Those patients who are coming to the office for a surgical procedure/colonoscopy and require a driver we need the driver to remain in their vehicle in the parking lot and provide the front desk staff with contact information of their driver (cell phone, type of car/color) so that the doctor or nurse can communicate with them after the procedure.
- Per NYS requirement to have surgery, flexible sigmoidoscopy/pouch endoscopy or colonoscopy COVID 19 testing is required 3 days prior to your date. Any surgical procedure/colonoscopy in office or hospital facility. REQUIRE a COVID test 3-5 days prior to the surgery/colonoscopy. If the test returns positive or the test was not completed the surgery/colonoscopy will be canceled.
- Please do arrive at your appointments on time. If you are a new patient and have been instructed to come to the office earlier for paperwork do so. We are trying to control congestion in our waiting areas as we have very limited seating to ensure social distancing.
- Travel restrictions – Per NYS DOH our office is informed which states have a travel restriction. If you are visiting a state on this list you are required to quarantine for 14 days prior to any social out be it the grocery store, doctor’s office, etc. Please contact our office if you are traveling out of NYS so that we can adjust your appts and procedures.
RCRS is Here for You to Ensure Your Safety
- Staggering our start times to assist with patient flow and avoid congestion.
- Longer appointment/procedure times to ensure proper cleaning between each patient.
- Limited seating in our waiting room 6 feet distance apart to ensure social distancing.
Intake of Patients and Visitors
- Health questionnaire for all patients and visitors
- Temperature checks of all patients and visitors. If anyone has a fever of more than 100.4, they will be asked to leave and contact their PCP and reschedule their appointment/procedure.
Protective Equipment and Cleaning Supplies
- Face Coverings/Masks will be worn by EVERYONE in the office with all contacts of less than 6 feet, including staff and patients.
- Cleanings of Equipment and Surfaces will be cleaned after each person checks in and out of the facility as well as after their exam per the CDC and Health Department guidelines.
- Our clinical staff will wash their hands for 20 seconds after every patient interaction or use hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patients.
- We ask staff and patients to observe 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- We have arranged the waiting room in all locations to ensure proper social distancing.
- We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and make changes as appropriate to ensure the safety of the entire RCRS community.