Colonoscopy Prep Instructions (Am Exam), Peg Prep
You will need to purchase the bowel prep powder from your local pharmacy (A prescription will be called into your pharmacy).
Bowel prep powders: (Choose one of the following):
- PEG 3350 with Electrolytes
DAY ONE = One Day Prior to Colonoscopy Appointment
- 7:00 am – Begin clear liquid diet. Absolutely NO solid food or alcohol.
- 4:00 pm – Mix the bowel prep solution in a one-gallon jug according to the directions. Shake until dissolved. Chill if desired. Use within 48 hours.
- 5:00 pm –Start to drink the solution. Drink (1) 8 oz. glass every 15 minutes over a two hour period. Drink each glass quickly rather than drinking small amounts continuously. Continue to drink clear liquids the remainder of the evening.
DAY TWO = Day of Colonoscopy Exam
- Starting two hours before your colonoscopy exam, stop ALL fluids. Take nothing (No Food or Drink) by mouth
- For use of your medications, refer to orange medication instruction sheet enclosed.
- Call (585-461-2498) if you have any questions regarding any of these instructions.
- Arrive at your assigned time.
CLEAR LIQUIDS (Does Not Include Alcohol)
- Clear juices (apple, white grape juice, orange drink, white cranberry juice)
- Black coffee or tea (no creamers) sugar OK
- Bouillon or clear broth
- Soda pop, Gatorade (no red)
- Jell-o (no red), popsicles (no red), Lemon ice
**Do not drink any liquid that is RED**
**We encourage clear liquid intake up to 2 hours before your procedure time.**